lunes, 24 de junio de 2013

Sorrow Songs

This piece needs a brief introduction. In this illo I wanted to explore the word Horror. It took me a while to figure out what the word truly means to me and in the end I found myself connecting the concept to my reality, or to be more accurate, to my countrys reality. This piece was inspired by a terrifying event know as The Salado Massacre, which took place in El Salado, Colombia in February of 2000. Though its a complex story, I focused on one terrifying detail: during the massacre, the murderers decided to play live music with Gaitas, Tamboras and accordions, while they were slaughtering the towns people. Years has passed by and I cant still get my head around this event so I decided to use it as a starting point to work around the concept of Horror. This piece is not a representation; its more of a personal reflection, and some how a tribute to all the innocent victims that has left the nonsense, corrupted and unjustified war over my country.
Acrylic, Digital, 10x7"





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario